This is two previous blogs I posted and now we revisit them with new eyes and in a revised edition. It always amazes me how quickly learning can take place. Mostly I have made grammatical corrections and clarified a few of the messages, otherwise the blog remains intact.
If life was as a relay race, are you nearing the end of your race? What have you learned which is important to put in your baton? Keeping it brief, think of the top ten things you would make sure to pass along. This is your legacy of advice to pass to the next runner. By thinking on this topic ahead of time you will more fully appreciate your accomplishments and energize the rest of your life as well as those who run with you and those who come after. I will go first…the following is my baton… my top ten essentials to pass along.
- 1) Remember to breathe, consciously breathe, notice how the air fills your body and feel the energy as it invigorates each and every cell. This process keeps you in the present moment and it is the secret to a healthy, happy life.
- 2) Remember life is not about you. Serving others is the greatest accomplishment any of us can make. Giving is receiving! Notice how you feel after helping a friend or giving a gift to a loved one and you know exactly of what I speak!
- 3) Share your gifts (talents) by doing something you love. Just making a living (working solely for money) is self-destructive! Let your living make you or to say this another way, allow life to sustain you (Money is only one reward for your efforts). Living is the rule not the exception. (Money is not a requirement to live) The human body can go 30 days without food and up to a week without water. Notice how life supports you and the experience just gets better and better!
- 4) Feel your feelings! Emotion is the fuel for manifestation (creating what you desire). Fear is a powerful negative emotion and thus attracts precisely what you do not want! Is your desire at a passionate positive level or a fearful negative level? Desire for something must be greater than fear of the opposite in order for it to manifest. Facing the dark side (negative emotions) clears these forces from your life and it is as easy as turning a light on to illuminate a dark room. It is not possible to experience fear and love at the same time, so choose Love! Simply realizing you have inner light to shine whenever and wherever you need it can make all the difference. Shine your light Beloved!
- 5) Question reality, always and all ways! Things are often not what they seem, so do not judge. Good or bad do not exist except in your mind, so release your attachment to this belief and life flows with ease. My favorite quote on this topic is “All the worlds a stage and we are merely players” (Shakespeare). Dealing with fantasy and fiction is our way of learning to see Truth. Just because something is false does not mean it will go away and in fact it is the false things we must deal with first in order to find the truth. Be willing to wade through the shit to reach the shore of truth. The rewards are well worth it.
- 6) Curiosity is the fuel which keeps us going. Without it you will go nowhere! My favorite character as a child was Curious George, the monkey in yellow. If you have not seen these programs I suggest checking them out and even if you have revisit them from time to time. The innocence of youth is a gift we need not loose. Curiosity is a big part of this innocence. Also do not equate innocence with ignorance; it is more accurate to say they are opposites!
- 7) Go with the flow…. “Resistance is futile” (Star Trek). “What you resist persists.” (Carl Jung) What this means is to trust the flow of life and do what you must. Blindly wandering the in dark is dangerous so it is important to find the flow (meaning) and go with it. The truth of the matter is there is no meaning to life or more simply put, YOU are the meaning of life. Your life, your creation! No this does not contradict number 2, because God is all there is. Your life is God expressing through you (a definition of flow). This is also why nothing is either right or wrong. It is because it needs to be in order for ‘God’s experience’ or ‘Infinite Intelligence’ to express though you. The part which confuses us is Free Will. We have both free will and destiny! Life unfolds regardless to your choices, so if you really need to experience something, then you will eventually experience it. You have the freedom to choose how you experience these things, not whether you will experience them. Love and loss are examples we all seem to experience at some point in life, so accept these experiences with an open mind and a desire to learn and grow. You can choose to avoid certain experiences which might be painful, but if “life” needs to experience it through you, it will. Resistance causes pain; the more resistance, the more pain. Consider this when making choices in life.
- 8) Life itself is a relationship! As humans we are most concerned with closer relationships. Family is the first challenge we all face and then there is romance. All I have mentioned prior applies here! Just understand the world is a reflection of who you are, so those who are close to you are different aspects of ‘God’s experience’ or ‘Infinite Intelligence’. So loving them is loving yourself! While this is simple no one is saying it is easy. Loving your family and close relations can be the opposite also and be experienced as hate, so consider this carefully as you observe your relations. I call this a love/hate relationship and once they are seen through the eyes of oneness the relationship becomes whole again.
- 9) Take care of your body. It is your vehicle for experiencing life and if you abuse it life will be cut short. As we grow the adolescent years are the most challenging to the physical body, between puberty and the challenges of becoming an adult these years can be most difficult, but at the same time they can be the most rewarding. You will test your limits and this is to be expected, just do so with caution. Listen to your inner voice of reason. This is the voice which is whispering, if you hear it loud and clear then do the opposite! (The ego is loud and demands to be heard, avoid this voice. Instead get quiet and listen to the still small voice which is your Soul).
- 10) Lastly and in continuation of caring for your body understand that life responds to your thoughts about it, and not just your thoughts but those of the majority. The majority of people believe eating healthy food makes you healthy; however, I say having healthy thoughts makes you eat healthy food! It is literally possible to think yourself healthy! Of course the best advice here is Ben Franklin’s saying, “All things in moderation”. Alcohol is good for you in small doses, but if abused it will kill you. Fried food on occasion is fine, but eating only fried food will slowly destroy your health. Strive for balance, love your body, even or especially the peculiarities, and respect others’ choices to do the same.
:-) Sequoia Elisabeth